• Contribute to teaching activities as defined in Section 31 of the Higher Education Act of Lower Saxony (NHG) and to the organization of examinations.
• Carry out support tasks for the physics faculty, for example, administer computer systems at the Institute for Astrophysics.
• Perform research in one or more of the following research areas:
– solar and/or stellar physics;
– helioseismology and/or asteroseismology;
– exoplanets and their host stars;
– computational physics;
– applied mathematics.
• A proven track record of scientific achievements
• A genuine interest in teaching
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team
• A doctoral degree
The University of Goettingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply as they are under-represented in this field. The University firmly intends to raise the number of disabled persons in its employment. In the case of equally qualified applicants, disabled persons will be preferentially considered.
Please send your application with the usual documents by 1st July 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file. For questions please contact email@example.com. Please see the University of Goettingen’s website for the full job advertisement: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/305402.html?cid=11614
Goettingen calls itself ‘City of Science’. Its international academic reputation attracts researchers and students from all over the world, making this town a lively centre in the heart of Germany. To find out more about living in Goettingen, see http://www.uni-goettingen.de/downloads/BKM/INTBrosch2012/index.htm
Closing Date: 01.07.16
University of Goettingen
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.