Determination of Atmospheric Parameters of B, A, F and G type stars
8-14 April 2013 – Wrocław
The lectures will cover:
- methods of determination of atmospheric parameters for B, A, F and G types stars;
- determination of atmospheric models: Kurucz’s ATLAS9 and ATLAS12 codes;
- determination of synthetic spectra; packages: Spectroscopy Made “Easy” (SME) and Spectrum Investigation Utility (SIU);
- determination and analysis of equivalent widths (codes: ARES and MOOG)
- application of LTE and NLTE analysis;
- analysis of high- and low- resolution data.
The practical exercises will allow the participants to learn how to determine atmospheric models, synthetic spectra and how to determine the atmospheric parameters (effective temperature, surface gravity, microturbulence), abundances of chemical elements and parameter of stellar rotation.
For further details please see the website of the School.
Date(s) - 08/04/2013 - 12/04/2013